|Rossmoor has a dedicated group of Volunteer Tour Guides who take great pride in their community, and — because they have themselves been residents for a number of years — are very knowledgeable about what it is like to live here. From personal experience, they understand what in any community is important when someone decides to look for an Active Adult Community. Not only do the Volunteers know their community well, but they are also eager to share what they enjoy in the surrounding areas. The information you will receive from them comes from their honest pride in Rossmoor, and the fact that they really enjoy living here. |
Arranging to take a tour
For those interested in a tour, the following steps will put you in contact with one of our volunteers.
- Call our Administration Office at 1-609-655-1000 on Mon-Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM. A member of the office staff will be able to assist you, or after hours — you will have the option of leaving your name, address and telephone number. Someone will call you back as soon as possible. You may also request a copy of our Rossmoor Brochure (This is also available as a PDF file from this website), as well as of the Rossmoor News (our monthly community newspaper).
- The Administration personnel will take your name and a telephone number, and one of our volunteers will contact you directly to set up an appointment to meet. Appointment times are available 7 days a week.
In the event of inclement weather, or bad traffic tie-ups, the volunteer will have given you his/her personnel telephone number. They can be reached easily in such situations — even by cell phone while you are en route — until the last few minutes before your meeting time.
- The entrance to our Front Gate (so-called "North Gate) is from Forsgate Drive (Rt. 32). It is a right turn coming from the direction of the NJ Tpk, and a left turn when approaching from the direction of Jamesburg to the east. "Rossmoor Drive" is clearly marked on the traffic light at the entrance to Rossmoor.
- You will approach the Gate House in the right lane. Your Tour Guide will have notified the Gate that you are expected. Once past, there is a reserved parking area just for persons taking a tour just inside (marked with a sign "Guest Holding Area" on the right.) Your guide will meet you there.
- Should a visitor wish to bring family members along, this is quite acceptable, though probably 3 additional persons should be the limit. (This is a simple consideration of being able to ride in the same car with the Tour Guide and to hear his/her explanations first-hand.)
What a visitor can learn from their Guide
- The Guide will also provide you with additional material for reading at a later time, which may include a MAP of the streets within Rossmoor; the most current listing of Clubs available, and whom to contact.
Maps of the general Princeton Area can be found at the following links, courtesy of ResortMaps.com:
(Shows Rossmoor in relation to nearby Princeton, NJ)
(Shows a map of nearby Princeton, NJ)
- Plan on a visit through the community of approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The Guide will show you a full view of the curving streets with its colonial architecture; explain how Rossmoor was developed from 18 different "Mutuals" over the course of two decades; and the differences between Cooperative and Condominium Units. (Click HERE for a definition of these two types of units.)
- The Guide will address some basic financial issues, and how the community is governed. There will be insights into how "Maintenance" works; how the outside of all properties are maintained, mowed, weeded and receive snow-removal; and be pleasantly surprised about resident choices for gardening if this is desired.
- There will be time to view our Championship 18 hole Golf Course with its Pro-Shop (a fascination for those interested in golfing, and a beautifully manicured part of Rossmoor with flowering trees and small lakes for those who are not.) Either way, it is particularly attractive with a wonderful sense of openness anyone living here will enjoy.